Who Should Attend?
- HIV service providers who are new to the provision of HIV testing and linkage to care services within a community and/or medical setting.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
- HIV 101 & HIV Testing (or their equivalents) are required prerequisites for this course.
This training is designed to assist HIV service providers with guidance and practice in the delivering of HIV positive test results. To assist HIV service providers in working with newly diagnosed clients on topics such as linkage to medical care and partner elicitation and notification.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe activities mandated by NY State Law for newly diagnosed HIV-positive persons (i.e., domestic violence screen, partner services, reporting of case to DOHMH, linkage to care);
- Identify techniques that are essential to the empathetic and supportive delivery of a positive test result;
- Practice the delivery of a positive test result to client;
- Practice helping a client with partner elicitation and notification; and
- Practice linking clients to HIV primary medical care.