Who Should Attend?
- Non-clinical health and human services providers who will be responsible for delivering prevention, care or support services related to HIV, STIs and viral hepatitis.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
To provide non-clinical health and human services providers with current, accurate information to address sexually transmitted infections (STIs). The training will review transmission, screening, treatment, and available resources/referrals for information and care of STIs.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe STI morbidity in New York City;
- Describe the public health aspects of STI care, such as partner notification and expedited partner therapy;
- Describe the transmission, symptoms, and complications of common STIs;
- Describe the inter-relationship of HIV and other STIs;
- Describe common elements of sexual risk assessments;