Who Should Attend?
- Do you know the role that HIV/AIDS-related stigma plays in HIV prevention, HIV testing, disclosure of HIV positive serostatus, and entry into HIV/AIDS care? Do you know that HIV/AIDS-related stigma is sometimes referred to as “the second epidemic”? Take this course if you are interested in learning how to address stigma that may be experienced in your agency. For the service provider who has a basic understanding of HIV information and theory.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
- HIV 101 (or its equivalent) is a prerequisite for this course.
This one-day training will increase providers’ capacity to recognize the impact of HIV/AIDS-related stigma so that they may assist individuals to access healthcare services (prevention and care).
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Define HIV/AIDS-related stigma;
- Describe the conditions that lead to HIV/AIDS-related stigma;
- Identify the relationship between HIV/AIDS-related stigma and barriers to accessing HIV prevention services;
- Identify the relationship between HIV/AIDS-related stigma and barriers to accessing HIV/AIDS care services.