Who Should Attend?
- HIV service providers who are new to the field of HIV or those who require a refresher course to understand basic information about HIV.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
To provide basic information to participants regarding HIV/AIDS, transmission, and prevention. To enable participants to effectively transfer current, accurate HIV knowledge to their clients or patients.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Obtain updated information about the incidence and prevalence of HIV in NYC;
- Describe the impact of HIV infection on the immune system over time;
- Define levels of exposure, modes of transmission, and risk reduction;
- Describe the basic stages of HIV disease including seroconversion, acute infection and progression to AIDS;
- Understand HIV antibody and viral load testing;
- Define the criteria for an AIDS diagnosis;
- Understand treatment approaches to reduce viral replication; and
- Practice the delivery of information to clients.