Who Should Attend?
- Participants should be clinical and/or non-clinical service providers who facilitate any type of group activity or intervention that contributes to the prevention of HIV/STI transmission.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
- HIV 101 (or its equivalent) is a required prerequisite for this course.
This interactive training is designed to enhance the facilitation skills of group leaders. With enhanced skills, group leaders will be able to conduct group-level activities or intervention sessions that contribute to the prevention of HIV/STI transmission. Interpersonal group dynamics are emphasized.
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Develop group facilitation skills through participation in an interactive group process;
- Develop a self-assessment of interpersonal style in group participation and leadership;
- Engage in activities to promote non-judgmental attitudes among group facilitators; and
- Review verbal responses and identify ways to respond to nonverbal behaviors.