Who Should Attend?
- Health care and social service providers who participate in the process of helping to link HIV positive clients/patients to medical care.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
- HIV 101, HIV Testing, and Delivering HIV Positive Results (or their equivalents) are prerequisites for this course.
To provide core skills that enable clinical and non-clinical staff to improve linkage to HIV medical care (LMC). ARTAS uses individual-level, short-term, and strengths-based case management services to link individuals who have been diagnosed with HIV to medical care. The curriculum is based on a successful demonstration project sponsored by CDC that significantly improved linkage of HIV-infected persons to HIV primary care.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to assist clients/patients in linkage to HIV primary care through the use of a strengths-based case management model. Participants will be able to:
- Explain the Linkage to Medical Care model;
- Implement skills required for strengths-based case management; and
- Conduct the Linkage to Medical Care model.