Who Should Attend?
- Participants should include HIV service providers who offer some elements of intensive individualized HIV prevention and risk reduction counseling services in the course of their work.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
- HIV 101 & HIV Testing (or their equivalents) are required prerequisites for this course.
This two-day training assists providers and agency staff in implementing and integrating the HIV prevention and risk reduction counseling model into their agency programs.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Improve client self-perception of risk;
- Support appropriate behavior change initiated by clients;
- Negotiate a risk reduction plan;
- Develop essential communication and basic counseling skills;
- Understand how to ensure that clients are linked to medical and health services, including substance use and mental health care; and
- Understand how to incorporate testing into HIV prevention, give test results, and link patients to HIV primary care.