Who Should Attend?
- Health and social service providers who desire basic information about Hepatitis C; specific topics to be covered include transmission, prevention, testing, liver health promotion, medical care and existing community resources.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
To provide basic information about Hepatitis C. Core topics include clinical features of hepatitis, prevention, screening, management, care and existing community resources. To enable staff to effectively transfer current, accurate knowledge to their clients or patients about Hepatitis C.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Obtain updated information about the incidence of Hepatitis C in NYC;
- Describe the basic biological functions of the liver;
- Describe the liver disease process and basic liver care messages;
- Define Hepatitis A, B & C and describe the differences between them;
- Identify people at risk for Hepatitis C;
- Understand Hepatitis C testing and liver evaluation process;
- Understand Hepatitis C treatment options;
- Find Hepatitis C community resources, including: vaccination, prevention, testing, medical care, treatment and supportive services; and
- Practice the delivery of information to clients.