Who Should Attend?
- Non-clinical service providers who currently provide HIV services.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
- HIV 101 (or its equivalent) is a prerequisite for this course.
This training is designed for staff of any agency/clinic involved in providing HIV testing, prevention and care services. Attendees will learn about the importance of biomedical interventions being used in tandem with behavioral interventions for the prevention of HIV transmission.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the National HIV/AIDS Strategy and its importance in reducing HIV;
- Describe the implications of biomedical interventions in HIV prevention;
- Discuss the impact of viral suppression on prevention of HIV transmission;
- Discuss nPEP and how it may impact HIV transmission;
- Discuss PrEP and the implications for use within NYC;
- Demonstrate effective linkage to care messages relating to suppressed viral loads; and
- Demonstrate effective referral messages for nPEP and PrEP.