Who Should Attend?
- Participants should be HIV non-clinical service providers.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
Participants will have a greater understanding/sensitivity to the needs of individuals from the LGBT community and be able to welcome and retain those clients.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- List the physical and behavioral similarities and differences between clients who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender.
- Describe the stigma encountered by LGBT populations and discrimination that has occurred over time.
- Discuss the barriers to accessing services faced by LGBT clients.
- Describe how to create a safe space for disenfranchised LGBT clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to have a helping, client-focused conversation.