Who Should Attend?
- This training is recommended for HIV testing providers, program managers or supervisors with responsibilities related to program planning, staffing, fiscal decisions or policy development.
- Participants should be either considering implementation of SNS or seeking to learn about using SNS for HIV testing.
T-TAP Training Prerequisites:
The primary goal of this training is to introduce agency leadership and/or program staff to the basic concepts and phases of the Social Network Recruitment Strategy (SNS) for HIV testing. An HIV testing program using SNS may be able to better identify persons with undiagnosed HIV infection within various networks and link them to medical care. At the end of the training, participants will be able to determine whether the strategy is appropriate for their agency.
By the end of this half-day training, participants will:
- Review data from recent CDC-funded demonstration projects;
- Review core elements of the four phases of SNS; and
- Discuss key questions to determine agency resources and readiness to integrate SNS into existing programs.